Thursday, July 22, 2010

Leaving for Zambia Today!!!


Hello Family and Friends!!

To say the least- this has been an eventful 48 hours. Yesterday I traveled to Fort Worth to get my passport that turned out to not be there! Thank y'all for praying- today the Lord has answered one of many prayers in helping me go back to Zambia. After driving through Nacogdoches from Camp to get my birth certificate (I just happened to be driving through Nac...my birthplace), passport photos at Walgreens, and boarding pass, I sped down to Houston where I had an outside chance to get to actually get my passport today. I had all the documentation, but as I got ready to sign the lady at the counter said, "I'm sorry, but it's past the cutoff- it was at noon." I pleaded and prayed that the Lord would get me through. Sure enough..she checked with her manager and they pushed it through!!! PTL. I'm still not on the flight, but I'm fully aware He is in control.

Thanks first and foremost to you who made this trip possible- you are His hands and feet and I know the Lord will bless you many times over as he has me over and over as I go back to Zambia.

If you're praying- please pray for the following:
1. Strength and Energy- I'm on "e" right now
2. Vision and humility to just share what He wants me to say
3. Spiritual growth for my boys (Elijah, Salati, Sindiso, Angel, Moses, Phillip, Davies, Felix, Steven, Peter, Edward, Japhet, Suwilanji, Jack, Lackson, Lazarus, and Emmanuel)
4. For us to experience true JOY and fun
5. Empower me to encourage other Americans on the trip

I'll be leaving tonight- I am so sad to be leaving my kids at Camp Huawni...this is the last week of Camp (pic above is my tractor crew on cookout for Session 3). Our staff especially has done an amazing job- you can pray for them too! (energy and to finish loving the kids strong!)

I'll try my best to keep everyone updated.

Nehemiah 8:10,

Travis

2 comments:

lauren said...

Praying for you tEarl!
May the Lord richly bless you and those you touch...
Love & Inwauh,
LKL

Travis said...

Thanks Lauren!!!