Sunday, July 25, 2010

Father's Heart & Sunday with the Zambians

Hello all! Well- I'm in Zambia and the last two days have been full of blessings.

Yesterday I got the opportunity to go see my sponsor child Elijah in the compound of Jon Leing. I was earlier in the day told that Elijah had moved to another village away from Lusaka, but to my surprise I found out that that was a different Elijah and my Elijah was here. I spent the afternoon playing with him and his friends at the Family Legacy CRC (Community Resource Center) and then visited his home. I quickly saw that their family had moved since last year- their house was about 10x10...that it. I got to meet his mother, two sisters (one is Francia), and his sister's 5 month old baby. One HUGE blessing was finding out how much better Elijah's father was doing. Last year when I visited he was very sick. We've been praying for healing and his father is doing so much better! He was out working when I visited. It was such a blessing getting to see Elijah at home- he is such a precious child!

This morning we had church with the Zambians and Pastor Rafael preached a very powerful message- "A Christian Believer with a Difference". He pretty much brought the message that there are many of us who believe, but that obedience and action are the key to living an authentic life with Christ. It was a very great check for me and reminded me to see how my actions were lining up with my beliefs. As Rafael reminded me- even demons beileve in Christ. Jesus said, "If you love me you will 0bey my commands." Our actions and what we say we beileve in must match up- otherwise...we (myself included) are just fooling ourselves.

I'm actually having lunch now and am getting to see my Zambian partner from last year- N'Kandu. It's been incredible to see N'Kandu grow in his faith this year as he's leading the children's camp at his church and going to college.

Thank you for all your prayers!!! I really appreciate it. Zambia is a great place for me to come back to to be reminded of how real and powerful the Lord is and how he's accessible...we just hae to believe, obey, and follow Him.

Love,

Travis

No comments: