Monday, July 26, 2010

Camp Life Day 1

Day 1 is in the books at Camp Life- it was great to be back in the swing of things with my kids. This morning we started the day off singing and praying with the Zambians. My Zambian translator is Brian- he's an incredible writer and one day wants to write a book. My other helper is Noah; he's a super servant and blessing to work with as well.

I got 11 kids this year- 7 are kids I've had from years past and 4 are new. It's been great because Emmanuel, who I had in 2008, is back (he wasn't in our group last year). It's been a blessing to see how the Lord has worked in his life and how he's grown into a young man. I had 4 one on one times with Salati, Sindiso, Emmanuel, and Phillip. They shared stories about how they've grown up spiritually and it seems they've been making great decisions as they grow into young men.

Please pray for two of my new boys- Mandra and Lazarus (different one from my first year). They both seemed distant in all of our interactions today, even when we played games. This is their first year at Camp Life, so I don't know much about them. Please pray that the Lord will open their hearts to hear God's word and that He will give me and my helpers the words to speak into their lives.

Also- if you could pray for my health...tonight I've been feeling a bit of fever and I don't want that to get in the way of this week.

Everything else is going really well- it's been great to reconnect and do Camp with my close friends who've been coming for the last 3 years.

Thanks for your prayers and I'll be in touch!

Nehemiah 8:10,

Travis

No comments: