Monday, August 25, 2008

Picking them up and putting them down

Well, Acton Boot Camp got started today- it was an absolute blast. We spent from about 7:45am to 11pm last night doing a Profitability simulation where we got to run our business. Marc, Daniel, and Jason Herd were in my group; they were a blast to work with. Our company's name is called Dynacore, and man did we have a roller coaster ride in getting it off the ground. We almost ran out of money on two occasions- it's amazing we're still in business. But, I will say that we've got the company in good position for continued growth in our final two simulations.

One of the fun parts of this exercise is the bidding process. I felt that I had the upper hand on this part of the simulation because of my expertise in art of drafting (those from Camp know what I'm talking about). On several occasions my team strategically outbid the others...I was absolutely loving it...it fired me up! In fact, this last round tonight I managed to sell all ten green inventories for nearly top price!

Well, I know that's more than y'all would like to hear, but I did want to let y'all know I'm doing great and loving it so far. Tully and I are enjoying our new casa...if you're in town you should stop by.

One last thing- Sunday I went to Austin Stone church and listend to Matt Carter share a message about "givining it all up for the gospel", whichi is in 1 Corintians. I encourage you all to go get this message free on Podcast (search Austin Stone Community Church, Matt Carter) and look for the August 24th message. Not only does he tell a great story about him being in the Corp at A&M, but he talks about the essense of Paul's journey.

Everyone have a blessed week and feel free to shoot me an email if you want to say hello (travisearl14@gmail.com).

God bless!

Travis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travis, you always amaze me and I am so proud of you! I know God is blessing you and I pray others will know Him more through your life as I am sure so many have thus far. We will miss seeing you on Ft Worth grounds but I am sure Austin will love having you! Wishing you all the very best this life has to offer, You sister in Christ, Amy Kidd

Unknown said...

What is this "draft" thing at Camp you speak of?