Friday, September 5, 2008

First Week of Acton in the Books!


Hello from the ATX! Well, the first week of class was nothing short of amazing! About the only downside to this week is that I didn't get much sleep (4 hours on Tuesday and 3 hours on Wednesday night). The most amazing thing about our classes are just being able to learn from some incredibly successful entrepreneurs (in all walks of life, not just business). The classes are set up to where we do 10 cases per week (a case is real business situation that happened in the past; the goal is to study the information and make a decision as the business owner.) This week we did TiVo, a Lemonade Stand, and Dr. John's Spinbrush (this was my favorite). John Osher, who invented the spinbrush, is one of the most intriguing entrepreneurial stories I've ever seen. You can probable google "John Osher" and "Spinbrush" and see all the successful businesses this guy has started. He always started with finding an "intense need" and then going out and finding a way to satisfy that need.

Other news- I got my Zambia 2008 Apple picture book in today- it was awesome. I really just made a picture album and tell the story about my mission trip this summer. I hope you get a chance to see it. I also found out that Camp Life won't be opening up any new spots next summer....so I'm hoping to sign up again soon- I really feel led to go back and be with my same kids. I'm trying to get Mom and Austin to come with me- Zambia truly changed my life and I know it will theirs if they get to go. I'm working on a dvd right now from this summer and hopefully I'll have it done by Christmas to show everyone back home.

Well, tomorrow I will be missing the TCU game, which is a bummer for me. All of you who do make it please yell a little louder....I'll be there in spirit! Also, please pray for the following people when you get a chance:

Bret and Kelly Guetz- that the Lord will help Bret finish the Nationwide Tour strong
Mike Janszen and the Janszen family- that God will continue to heal Mike from his esophageal cancer operation
My Acton Classmates

Thank y'all for all of your support; I'll try and keep you updated as often as possible. Again, I apologize if I haven't called you back or answered my phone- this program is so intense...but so good. Have a blessed weekend!

Love,

Travis

Philippians 2:5

No comments: