Saturday, August 9, 2008

Big Accouncement!




Greetings to all Friends and Family!

Well, it's official! I will be moving to Austin this month to attend the Acton School of Business. Acton specializes in entrepreneurship and I was fortunate and blessed to be a part of this year's incoming class. There's only 28 students total, and once school starts I'll be spending 80 to 90 hours a week immersed in learning how to run a business. The program is just a year long, so I'll be graduating along with Austin and Price in May of 2009. You can check out all the details on the Acton Program by going to www.actonmba.org

Let me back track a little. It has been a difficult decision leaving Cleburne. I've made so many wonderful friends there- it truly is bittersweet. That being said, I know that attending Acton is what I am supposed to be doing. While in Zambia (see picture above with my boys) on a mission trip the past couple of weeks, I had a little more time to get alone and talk to the Big Man. I am thankful for the opportunity and ready for the enormous challenge that awaits. By the way, just to clear things up about the picture above-they're not throwing up gang signs (Dad, I hope this eases your concerns). They're showing their signs we created in a game we played called the "sign game".

The reason for this blog is two fold. First, I wanted to let everyone know of my plans. Secondly, I want to have a forum to update everyone on my Acton and Austin experience. Because Acton is so vigorous and time demanding, and because I won't be able to stay in touch as much as I'd like to this next 9 months, I'm hoping y'all will come to this blog to keep updated and keep in touch. Feel free to add comments as I will check it periodically.

Thanks for everyone's prayers over the last year- the Lord has truly blessed this time in my life. This event in my life is representative by my mom's favorite verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I look forward to hearing from you all- God bless!

Travis

1 comment:

Cynthia Bengtson said...

Congratulatons!!! Welcome to Austin. It seems time will be short for you but old camp friends that live in Austin are close by. Give us a call if you need anything.

Cynthia Bolt Bengtson